As they say, to break your word than to do worse in keeping it, it is better. Below, you will get a list of broken promises quotes and sayings that are not only inspirational but also funny as well. You could send them any of these quotes if someone broke a promise they have given you. Broken vows are just the same as broken mirrors. They will leave those who made them bleed and then still stare at a fractured image of themselves.
The promises that people make are never kept and were not made in the first place. Piecrusts and promises were made to be broken. To know that some people make promises with the sole intention of breaking them it’s unfortunate.
- “A broken promise is not a lie.”
- “Promises and pie crusts are made to be broken.” – Jonathan Swift
- “One lie can ruin a thousand truths.”
- “Broken promises are the worst. Better not to promise anything.” – Bill Lishman
- “I would rather be accused of breaking precedents than breaking promises.” ― John F. Kennedy”
- “Don’t make promises you don’t intend to keep.”
- “Some broken promises can break your heart too.”
- “You promised me. And then you broke that promise.”
- “Promises can be broken just as fast as they were made.”
- “He loses his thanks who promises and delays.” ― Proverb
Quotes and Sayings on Broken Promises
A broken promise can be a little harder than an outright lie. While always it’s not done intentionally, it can be disappointed and make you heartbroken always when someone breaks their promise to you. Share the following quotes on broken promises to let them know how terrible it is to break a promise if you are dealing with someone who is constantly making promises they can’t keep.
It can be devastating when someone doesn’t follow through with what they promised. Whether in business or personal relationships, it can cause turmoil when dealing with someone who doesn’t follow through. You’ll find a collection of wise and insightful broken promises quotes below.
- “Sometimes your pledges become your problems.” ― Amit Kalantri
- “Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you meant what you promised me. Silly me.”
- “There is no greater fraud than a promise not kept.” ― Gaelic Proverb
- “There’s nothing worse than breaking a promise to someone who cares about you.” ― Lisa Kleypas
- “The difference between promises and memories is that we break promises, and memories break us.”
- “Breach of promise is a base surrender of truth.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “Broken promises , like a broken glass, is hard to replace.” ― Wille Mae Gaskin
- “Some people don’t understand the promises they’re making when they make them.”
- “This world is full of broken things: Broken hearts, broken promises, broken people.” ― John Connolly
- “Some people make promise for the pleasure of breaking them.” ― William Hazlitt
Fake Promises Quotes Images
One of the heartbreaking things is fake promises. When someone, a friend, or a loved one fails to keep their commitment and does not keep their word then It’s really sad. When people change and break their promises you feel cheated and betrayed in a relationship.
And when you find your trust to be broken by a loved one or friend it’s difficult to come to terms with the truth.
- “People ask why it is so hard to trust people? I ask, why is it so hard to keep a promise.”
- “It felt liked a broken promise. Like the Fisher King’s wound; never heals.” ― Ian Brennan
- “Half the promises people say were never kept, were never made.” ― Edgar Watson Howe
- “Promise is a big word, if you break it, it will also break a lot of other words as well… Such as trust.”
- “For every promise made, there is often a price to be paid.”
- “Promises that were made based on ignorance will always prove to be disappointing.”
- “Don’t make a promise you cannot keep and don’t say something unless you mean it.”
- “It’s unfortunate to know that some people make promises for the sole intention of breaking them.”
- “Broken promises are etched in tears.”
Quotes About Broken Promises and Lies
- “I expected because you made a promise.”
- “There is no greater fraud than a broken promise.”
- “Liars make the best promises.” ― Pierce Brown
- “Pie crusts and promises were made to be broken.”
- “Eggs and oaths are easily broken.” ― Danish Proverb
- “Better a broken promise than none at all.” ― Mark Twain
- “A woman with trust issues is a woman who’s heard “I promise” too many times and actions that always broke them.”
- “You promised so many things you didn’t keep even one of them.”
- “It always makes my heart sick when I remember all the good words and the broken promises.” ― Chief Joseph
- “Never promise more than you can perform.” ― Publilius Syrus
- “Your words mean nothing when your actions are the complete opposite.”
Sad Quotes About Broken Promises
A broken promise in a contract or the breaking of a covenant can be considered comparable to a breach. Since it involves both parties being loyal to their word to each other because a promise may be considered a deal between two people usually, due to someone breaking a written or unwritten rule that involved some sort of disloyalty to another a broken promise may easily be defined as a deal that wasn’t executed as planned. It is hard to deal with broken promises for many peoples, especially when we are promised things by people that we love and imagine that will never hurt us.
The plain and simple fact of the matter is that when these promises are made and broken this action usually causes at least one party to be hurt. We imagined that they would be is a hard pill for most to swallow when seeing that our plans will not be executed in the way.
- “The excuses and the broken promises along with the shattered dream. She left it all in a pile for him to shift through.”
- “I wish there was a Broken Promise Day for you to celebrate.” ― Avrojyoti Das
- “A broken promise is like a child’s pinwheel, you’ve got to be yourself or at least within the confines.” ― Seth MacFarlane
- “All the broken promises / Love could never be like this / Lips that give the tender kiss / Make the broken promises” – Willie Nelson
- “A promise is forever. That’s what they always say. But welcome to reality, they’re broken every day.”
- “People change and promises are broken.”
- “No, I don’t have a heart of gold. It’s normal – the one that gets hurt by rude words and broken promises.” ― Saru Singhal
- “Promises made are like a debt that’s unpaid.”
- “Oaths are just words and words are but wind.”
- “But a promise doesn’t mean a thing anymore.”
Read Also: Sad Quotes
Quotes About Broken Love Promises
Whether you’re looking for broken heartbroken quotes or broken love promise quotes to update your Whatsapp status or just wanted to send someone, the collection of broken love promise quotes that come from your pain, hurt, and sadness.
Promises are meant to be fulfilled, but sometimes people get selfish and don’t hesitate to do the worst. When your dearest ones broke their word of honor it would break your heart into thousand pieces hence the saying broken love promises. To make us learn that we can’t trust someone 100% so maybe some promises are meant to be broken. Some of the selected broken love promises quotes to heal your heart are here.
- “You broke the promise you made, and that broke me.”
- “Our I love you’s were promises you found easy to break.”
- “It is better to break your word than do worse by keeping it.”
- “Some promises are better left unsaid.” ― Ashlee Simpson
- “Broken promises. Shattered dreams. Life is full of miseries. Deep wounds. Scribbled randomly. Just on blank page.” ― Bisma Altaf
- “Don’t make so many promise when you can’t even keep one.”
- “Promise is a big word. It either makes something or it breaks everything.”
- “A person often loses his thanks to anyone who makes promises and delays.”
- “Three things you should never break: Promises, trust and someone’s heart.”
- “Promises mean everything, but after they are broken, sorry means nothing.”
- “It’s funny how most people become who they promised they would never be.”
- “People with good intentions make promises but people with good character keep them.”