The loving day is celebrated on 12 June every year. It is the anniversary of a historic court decision for Interracial marriages. In 1958, a white woman Mildred and a black man Richard living in Virginia fell in love with each other.
Richard and Mildred decided to get married, but interracial marriage was banned in Virginia and in other states. They travelled to Washington to get married and came back to Virginia illegally. Eventually, they get banished from their state.
Their case was heard in 1967 by the US Supreme court. They survived against the world for 9 years.
Now loving day is celebrated every year in honor of the case Loving v Virginia in which the law declared that mixed-race/interracial marriages are legal in every state.
Here are the National Loving day quotes you can send to your loved ones or friends.
Loving v. Virginia Quotes About Interracial Marriage
- Marriage is one of the ‘basic civil rights of man’, fundamental to our very existence and survival.
Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State.
Black or white, young or old, gay or straight seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That’s what Loving, and loving, are all about.
National Loving Day Quotes
- Love is blind despite the world’s attempt to give it eyes.
- Black and white are beautiful.
- Love knows no race, interracial couples are a symbol of beauty.
- I think it’s something that needs to be said- that there are interracial marriages out there, and the couples live happy lives, and there is nothing wrong with it.
- “It’s not about color. It’s about love.”
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it” – Rumi
- I don’t see color, I see people.
- “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within” – James Baldwin
- My love for you is past the mind, beyond my heart, and into my soul.
Dating Interracial Love Quotes
- Love is not a color, character is not a shade of skin.
- Love has no culture, boundaries, race, or religion.
- I don’t think there’s a problem with dating somebody outside of your race, as long as you’re doing it because you want to be with that person. Everybody tells you what you should do when you’re dating, but if you follow your heart. It usually works out.
- Yes, I’m in an interracial relationship. No, I’m not a sellout.
- It’s not that love doesn’t see color, it just knows how to mix and match.
- We may have different religions, different languages, and different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race.
Quotes for Interracial Couples on Loving Day
- We all bleed the same color.
- Racism is taught.
- Humanity should be our race, Love should be our religion.
- Racism is something you learn, not something you are born with.
- We are one human race.
Where there is love, there is no place for any hatred. That is the kind of world we all must create. To make the world a better place, eradicate racism, and spread positivity. And love is what brings happiness to lives.
Given above are the quotes you can send to your loved ones, family, or friends and enjoy the 12th of June Loving day. May the grace of love surround us and keep us happy and blessed.